CCR Frontiers in Science - A Newsletter for Scientists
Frontiers in Science is a newsletter developed to foster scientific communication and collaboration within the Center for Cancer Research (CCR) by: 1) promoting awareness of cutting-edge scientific results coming from the Center; 2) presenting information on core facilities, technologies, and other scientific resources; 3) communicating ideas to scientists outside their specific field of research; and 4) providing helpful administrative news briefs.
The June 2007 issue of CCR Frontiers in Science will be the final issue of this newsletter. The issue features an article by Nozomu Yanaihara, MD, PhD, and Curtis Harris, MD, describing their work in determining that microRNA expression profiles can be used as diagnostic and prognostic markers of lung cancer. In From the Director, Robert Wiltrout, PhD, discusses the 2007 NCI Symposium on Chromosome Biology. Also, the Director’s Office is announcing a new CCR publication, called CCR Connections. Other articles featured in this issue are
- Breast Cancer Risk May Be Linked to Genetic Variants of the Mannose-binding Lectin 2 Gene, by Stefan Ambs, PhD.
- Differential Susceptibility of Mice Humanized for Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor α (PPARα) to Wy-14,643–induced Liver Tumorigenesis, by Keiichiro Morimura, MD, and Frank J. Gonzalez, PhD.
- Achilles-Heel Genetic Screens for Cancer Targets, by Vu N. Ngo, PhD, and Louis M. Staudt, MD, PhD.
- Hsp90 Keeps the Activity of the Oncogenic ErbB2 Kinase at Bay, by Wanping Xu, PhD, and Len Neckers, PhD.
- Regulation of Skin Pigmentation via Modification of Tyrosinase Function, by Hideya Ando, PhD, and Vincent J. Hearing, PhD.
- Methylation of Genes in Prostate Tumor–Associated Stromal Cells, by Karen G. Woodson, PhD, MPH.
To view the June 2007 issue or back issues, click on the corresponding link below.
- June 2007 (HTML) - FINAL Issue
- May 2007 (HTML)
- April 2007 (HTML)
- March 2007 (HTML)
- February 2007 (HTML)
- January 2007 (HTML)
- Winter 2006 Quarterly (PDF)
- December 2006 (HTML)
- November 2006 (HTML)
- October 2006 (HTML)
- September 2006 (HTML)
- Fall 2006 Quarterly (PDF)
- August 2006 (HTML)
- July 2006 (HTML)
- June 2006 (HTML)
- Summer 2006 Quarterly (PDF)
- May 2006 (HTML)
- April 2006 (HTML)
- March 2006 (HTML)
- January 2006 (PDF, HTML)